Good things come in small packages. The Kodiak 450 EPS is the most capable mid-sized ATV, voted back by Canadians! Featuring its lightweight design and fuel-injected engine to take the uncertainty out of those cold winter starts. Accompanied with marine style, waterproof connectors on key electrical components, the Kodiak 450 EPS as rugged as the terrain you put it through.
Power & Confidence The new 421 cc, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine was created to provide a balance of responsive power and all-day comfort. Backed by proven Yamaha reliability, the Kodiak 450 was built for the working or recreational rider.
Compact Styling The all-new Kodiak 450 chassis styling fits a roomy riding position, low centre of gravity and a light steering effort into one complete compact package.
On-Command® 4WD The all-new Kodiak 450 features Yamaha's On-Command® 4WD system with 2WD and 4WD limited slip. The driver-controlled system eliminates hesitation or slipping when engaging.
Features & Benefits
421 cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, fuel injected, single.
- proven design with an excellent reliability record
- engine uses regular unleaded fuel
- rubber engine mounts reduce vibration & noise for excellent rider comfort
- includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
SOHC, 2-valve cylinder head design.
- simple 2-valve design (1-intake & 1-exhaust)
- 40 mm intake & 34 mm exhaust valves
- rocker arm valve actuation... simple, proven design that is easy to adjust
Aluminum cylinder body with cast iron liner.
- cylinder can be over bored in the event of an issue (2 sizes of overbore available)
Short skirt forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster throttle response & less mechanical vibration
Gear driven engine balancer shaft.
- reduces engine vibration for improved rider comfort
34 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with TPS & ISC.
- TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is used to more precisely calculate the fuel injection quantity for optimum power, excellent throttle response & reduced fuel consumption
- ISC (Idle Speed Control) helps ensure a steady idle even during warm up
- other fuel injection benefits include; choke-free starting, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- easy to adjust, screw-type throttle limiter
- throttle limiter reduces acceleration & top speed if desired
High mounted, high capacity air box with washable foam air filter.
- no tools required to access air filter
- washable foam filter can be re-used reducing tune-up costs
- high mounted design helps prevent water ingestion
- air box features a "no tools required" drain
Yamaha's industry leading "Ultramatic" CVT (fully automatic) dual range transmission with reverse & downhill engine braking.
- dual range, high - low transmission with reverse. Low range offers more "grunt" for towing or hauling heavy loads or when tackling technical terrain.
- CVT automatically selects the optimum transmission ratio, meaning you are always in the right "gear"
- Ultramatic design offers controllable, confidence inspiring downhill engine braking
- downhill engine braking also reduces brake wear & related servicing
- Ultramatic design utilizes a special centrifugal clutch which keeps constant tension on the V-belt, reducing belt wear since the belt does not slip as the clutches engage
- high mounted belt cooling ducts help prevent water ingestion
- V-belt housing has an easy access "no tools required" drain plug
- automotive style, gated, 5-postion shifter (high, low, neutral, reverse & park)
Convenient, handlebar mounted push button On Command 2wd - 4wd drive selector.
- drive system features 2 modes: 2wd & 4wd limited slip
- On Command system lets you select the best mode for the conditions... not the machine
Straight design front & rear drive shafts.
- straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints, reducing friction, noise & vibration
- front & rear CV drive shafts feature heavy duty plastic boots to protect the CV joints from mud & water penetration for extended service life
High capacity cooling system with electric cooling fan.
- 53% more cooling capacity than the last generation Kodiak 450
- maintains consistent engine temperatures for optimum performance
- radiator is positioned high in the frame for protection
- design reduces heat reaching the rider
Wet sump lubrication system.
- spin on type oil filter for fast, easy oil changes
- oil drain plug access hole in skid plate
Maintenance-free transistor controlled TCI ignition.
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
Marine style, waterproof connectors on key electrical components.
Stainless steel exhaust system with catalyzer & cleanable spark arrestor.
- spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust
- catalyzer reduces exhaust emissions
- stainless steel design helps prevent rusting
Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into exhaust port to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
Rugged tube type, steel frame.
- compact design provides nimble, responsive handling
- low seat height (855 mm / 33.7") reduces centre of gravity & improves rider confidence / security
- revised riding position (Vs. last generation 450) offers a roomier cockpit, with more knee & foot room for improved rider comfort
Full length, rugged plastic skid plates.
- underside of unit is fully protected by high impact skid plates (2 piece design)
- engine & front differential oil drain access holes in main skid plate
- skid plates enhance "terrain-ability" by allowing unit to slide more easily over obstacles
Double wishbone front & rear steel A-arms.
- wide track A-arms (front & rear) improve rider confidence by reducing body roll
- rear anti-sway bar for optimum handling & reduced body roll
Adjustable independent double wishbone front & rear suspension.
- 5-position pre-load adjustable, gas charged shocks front & rear
- 171 mm (6.7") front wheel travel & 189 mm (7.4") rear wheel travel
- excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails
245 mm (9.6") of ground clearance.
Front disc brakes
- independent (separate) front & rear braking for enhanced control & "terrain-ability"
- dual 220 mm (8.7") front rotors squeezed by single piston Nissin calipers
Sealed rear "wet brake."
- single rear "wet brake" is fully enclosed in the rear gear case housing
- enclosed design keeps mud & water from entering the system & causing premature wear
- consistent braking performance
- reduced maintenance
CST tires mounted on rugged steel rims
- 25" tires help to increase ground clearance
- tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & tradition
14 litre fuel tank.
- bar / block style fuel gauge in LCD meter
- last bar will begin blinking when fuel level is 4.2 litres or less (low fuel warning)
Revised riding position Vs. last generation 450 for improved rider comfort & confidence.
- revised handlebar design & bend
- longer seat design
- longer & wider floorboards
Quick remove, seat with large under seat storage pocket.
- seat snaps into place... no levers to fuss with when removing seat
- seat is 110 mm (4.3") longer than last generation seat with addition thigh support
- storage pocket features multiple drain holes (storage pocket is not water proof)
- significantly longer & wider than last generation 450 — for increased foot room
- excellent rider foot protection
- helps reduce mud & water splash
Easy to read, digital LCD meter assembly with indicator & warning lights.
- functions include: speedometer, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, hour meter, service hour meter, drive mode indicator, transmission gear indicator & various warning lights
Aggressive angular body styling.
- injection-molded fenders & centre body with special scuff guard finish in selected areas
- increased rider room Vs last generation Kodiak 450
High visibility lighting.
- 30/30 watt Krypton headlights
- rear tail light features brake & running lights
Heavy duty steel front & rear racks with wrinkle finish paint for durability.
- front rack max load: 40 kg (88 lbs.)
- rear rack max load: 80 kg (176 lbs.)
Rugged, cast "tongue-style" trailer hitch mount (ball not included).
- towing capacity: 600 kg (1,322 lbs.)
Rugged front bumper with wrinkle finish paint for durability.
12 volt DC outlet.
- conveniently located on centre body area just ahead of handlebars
- 10 amp / 120 watt, 12 volt DC outlet for work light, GPS, cell phone, etc.
Integrated winch wiring allows for easy installation of accessory winch.
Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage).
YDT (Yamaha Diagnostic Tool) easy access, under seat coupler.
- Yamaha's exclusive money & time saving diagnostic tool